Happy Tuesday after a long weekend! Hope you're back it, well-fed and well-rested!
Today, I want to take some time to address some common questions and concerns that have arisen in our facebook group, as well as the weekly check-ins......
- Your bodyweight fluctuates everyday. Seeing a fluctuation from morning to night, or from day to day is normal. We are looking for a specific trend over time (whether your goal is to gain or to lose). Think of it this way: weigh yourself without anything in your hand, and now weigh yourself holding a 1.5L bottle of water. The number of the scale went up, right. But obviously, you have not accumulated fat simply by drinking water.
- I consider being +/- 5g of your target macros being bang on.
- Eating healthier or paleo style foods in conjunction with this program will definitely lead to more success. The quality of your food is important.
-However, the reason counting macros is so effective is because there is no feeling of restriction or deprivation. If you want a treat, make it fit into your daily nutrition. Sacrifice something else in order to eat what you want!
- Calories are not something to be scared of. When consumed in an appropriate way for your body, they will allow you to achieve your "dream body," So many people are eating 300-500 more calories than before the program and are shedding fat and PRing. Eating less and less calories will just push you into a scary, deprived, un-fed state that does not serve to hit your goals at all.
- I have studied nutrition in context with performance, and with different health concerns. You have to eat, and if you have a body composition or performance goal you have to eat well. It might not be that you are consuming the same types of proteins or carbs as everyone else, but I can work with you on that. I am equipped with the ability and know-how to research, or seek out colleagues who can help in your unique situation. At the very least, I can take your information and refer. You are not a lost cause, and change can happen.
- I am your resource and I work for you. If something doesn't make sense, or you need help, my policy is that I will respond to your email (not fb message, sorry!) in 24 hours. Don't waste a whole week, ask me now.
I am serious about what I am doing with nutrition, even more so since starting this program because there is a huge, gaping hole in the understanding of what one consumes to achieve their specific body composition/performance goal. It makes me even more determined to make this an educational process. I am invested in your success.
My approach is founded in science, but draws on the unique understanding of the individual. I provide the framework for your success and encourage active participation. I am not just fixated on the end goal, but on your unique process which makes the reliance on feedback paramount.
I'm looking forward to another great week, and as always, your check-ins next weekend!
My mission: to provide education, resources & empowerment to
individuals looking to achieve their best health state.
Dr. Alli Cain Team
Our mission is to act as a catalyst for as many people as possible to make a meaningful change to their health.