I believe that everyone could benefit from understanding food a little bit better.
What foods are primarily carbs?
how much fat do I need in my daily diet?
how many calories are too much or too little for my goals?
Counting your macros for at least 12 weeks will help to answer these questions + give you the knowledge necessary to employ better nutrition habits + hit your goals.
Here's what you'll need to get started--
I use + recommend the my fitness pal app for people tracking their macros.
Like anything new, it can take some time getting used to all the features.
Once you've figured it out, it's quite easy to use to support your nutrition goals.
Here is an overview of how to use it best.
to set your custom macros --
1. click "more" in bottom right hand corner
2. click "goals"
3. click "calorie & macronutrient goals"
4. set specific calorie goal + percentage (to closest 5%)
daily use --
1. navigate to the "diary"
2. click "add food" to add the specific food you'd like to track
3. OR make use of the bar code scanner in the upper right hand corner
4. use a food scale or measuring cups to ensure food accuracy
5. scroll to bottom of diary page and click "nutrition" for macros used + macros remaining.
crush your goals!
-- dr. alli